I love trying new recipes over the holidays to share with friends and family, and these Cookies ‘n’ Creme brownies were a real hit this year. The plate was cleared within an hour, and these have definitely been added to my “favorite desserts” list.
I slightly modified a recipe I found on delish.com, based on some of the reviews. Enjoy!
Cookies ‘n’ Creme Brownies
PREP TIME: 10-15 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- 1 (18-oz.) box of brownie mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- 16 Oreos
- 4 Hershey’s Cookies ‘n’ Creme Bars
- Baking chocolate (melted) for drizzling on top
- Coconut Oil (optional to help melt/smooth the chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 8×8-inch pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare brownie batter according to package instructions. Pour batter into prepared pan, then top with an even layer of Oreos. In a 8×8 pan, this will be rows/columns of 4. Press down on Oreos so batter starts to cover them.
- Bake according to instructions on box (about 35-40 minutes.) Let cool completely.
- Unwrap candy bars and put in a medium microwave-safe bowl with a teaspoon of coconut oil. Microwave until melted, about 1-1:30 minutes. Stir chocolate every 30 seconds to ensure the chocolate doesn’t burn.
- Pour over cooled brownie and smooth into an even layer using a spatula.
- Refrigerate about 10 minutes to set, then drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Slice into 16 squares. Use oreos as guides on where to cut.