My older sister Amanda and I are obsessed with chicken salad. After trying it from just about every restaurant over the years and experimenting with different recipes online, we both have used variations of ingredients, and I’m happy to say I think she’s finally found the perfect combination! This chicken salad is SO good.?
It makes a big batch (~12-14 generous servings), which is enough for Peyton and I to eat for lunch for the whole week and then some. Using ~1/2 Greek yogurt makes this recipe a little healthier than your standard chicken salad, and I promise you won’t miss the extra mayo. Enjoy!
The Best Chicken Salad
PREP TIME: 15-20 MINS
- 2 rotisserie chickens cut up (white meat only). Makes about 2-2.5 cups , depending on size of chicken.
- 6 stalks diced celery
- 1 diced granny smith apple
- 1/2 cup halved red grapes
- 3 green onions (green and white part)
- Handful of chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1.5 cups non-fat mayo
- 1 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 4 tbsp EVOO
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Chop up the first 6 ingredients and add to large mixing bowl.
- Add sliced almonds and dried cranberries.
- Add lemon juice, mayo, Greek yogurt, EVOO, Dijon mustard , salt and pepper.
- Mix it up and Enjoy!